Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thesis Proposals 01


Thesis Proposal 01: For my thesis I have been researching and looking into two different projects as am not sure which idea is most viable ( if any) . The First idea that I propose, is to create screen graphic for a live musical peformence that is generated from the music and also from the audience participation at the gig. I have always felt a certain electric energy from a crowd at concerts be it in a small venue or a large arena and I feel it would be wonderful to try and capture some of this energy and generate it back to the audience via visuals that can be displayed on screen. To do this I would created an initial background template of images generated from the music being performed on stage to do this I would patch the music in a similar way as itunes visualiser. While the concert is on I would
track the audience movement through video and take the live feedback manipulate it using isadore program and generate it into visual graphic that can be displayed on the existing background on stage or around the room. The images generated would be directly related to the audience experience of the concert mixed with images generated from the music. Please see sketches below.



















No comments:

Post a Comment