Thursday, February 5, 2009

Revision of Thesis Idea

Over the break I have debated wondered and had many sleepless nights about my proposals and still I just don't know ( I am so indecisive) but there are just too many ideas that I really want to explore and too many fields I have an interest in. So I have went back to the drawing board and have taken inspiration from an old adage "do something you love". I am an artist and my main area of interest is photography and mixed media, I love peeling paint, rusty metal and forgotten memorabilia. I believe every picture tells a story or has the possibility to create one and that rooms and objects hold memories and invoke feelings. This is the starting point for my project still involving the two previously proposed ideas of creating a happy artistic installation and using video and video tracking . I want to create an interactive art installation based around a derelict room whereby the forgotten objects hold memory and tell a story of the room. I wish it to be a visual, aural and tactile experience also to try and blend the users experience of the installation into a new memory of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment